Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

SCT-V

We'll get to SCT in a minute, but first I want to lay-out some important happenings on this day.  First of all, it's the first day of the college football season which means August is FINALLY over.  Second of all, today, September 1st, is the day that the Tampa Bay Brewing Company tapped its Octoberfest...if you haven't started celebrating yet, now is the time.

Onto this week's SCT.  This week's story comes to you from CM in TN!  Enjoy^

Prior to moving to TN, I had some semi-serious plans to find a southern gentleman during my five month stay, unfortunately my male patient population has reversed this plan. First problem, I cannot stand male southern accents, and in addition I cannot understand what they are saying most of the time because all of the words slur together. Eventually I figured out that perhaps it is better I do not understand what my male patients are saying due to the content of their comments. Examples of inappropriate comments made by my older male patients include:

-          Comments directed towards me during a conversation about plastic surgery: “Promise me you will not ever change anything about that behind of yours.” My response back as I walked away, “You have one more set of straight leg raises and then we will do some walking.”

-          The standard “If I was 40 (yes 40) years younger, I would be really inappropriate.” Sweet


-          “Hey I am going to find you on facebook ok, but since facebook hates me and has disabled my ability to friend people, I will just ‘poke’ you first, and then you can friend me.” (I now dread pokes and friend requests)

-          Inappropriate pet names I have been called so far include: Baby, sweetie, babydoll, sweet cheeks, pumpkin, TNT, and dynamite. I cannot stand these names, especially the last two.


Another issue that has arisen is one of the male janitors has taken a liking to me. I was informed this weekend by one of my co-workers that this janitor has had some “issues” before. Issues including attempting to kiss a student in the elevator before, yes she was TRAPPED. I have been taking the stairs a great deal recently. Today I received an invitation to go to the movies with him some time, to which I responded to with a nervous laugh as I walked away.

Things are looking up though down here in TN, I found several southern gentlemen this weekend who are under the age of 60 (unlike my patients), unfortunately I still cannot understand what they are saying. But let’s honest, I don’t listen very well anyway. 

And that's all for this week!  I'm heading up to the Destin area for the weekend to make some bad decisions with RT.  As this is the Labor Day weekend, I'll be skipping the Sunday post and just post the weekend's happenings on Tuesday (I know you're upset...but I'm not a big fan of cramming 3 posts into a 4 day stretch.  Trust me, it's better this way.)  Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment