Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

SCT II

A few notes before we get to the story from ES in Las Vegas:

1.       I don’t know if anyone had their clinic TV’s tuned to Good Morning America today, but in the same 2 hour stretch of time they covered two things that I have touched on in previous posts.  “The 15/50 syndrome: where a woman who is 50 has a body (and dresses like) she’s 15, but her face remains looking 50. (in other words, I scooped GMA)  They then went on to talk about how great Destin, FL is…not exactly ground breaking research from ABC’s morning show, but they’re right.
2.       I’m currently enjoying a bottle of Stone Ruination IPA…now, you may be asking: “Zach, is it awesome?”  I’ll answer in the most complete way possible…Yes, it is awesome…in fact, here is the description from the brewery’s website:
Stone Ruination IPA: So called because of the "ruinous" effect on your palate! This massive hop monster has a wonderfully delicious and intensely bitter flavor on a refreshing malt base. One taste and you can easily see why we call this brew "a liquid poem to the glory of the hop!" Those who seek, crave and rejoice in beers with big, bold, bitter character will find true nirvana in Stone Ruination IPA!
And that’s good enough to get this week’s vaunted “My Favorite Beer of the Week!” (or MFBOTW…for short)
3.       Thanks for the comments and questions so far!  I’m still looking for a few more to make a full post next Tuesday so if you have something you want to say, email me.  With that, here’s your story!:
ZW,

Long time reader, second time writer.  I am writing to tell you about a patient I treated here in Las Vegas.  I will not mention much about the woman in my story other than she has some serious street cred.  Not only was she in New York on 9-11, but she was in Hawaii during the Winter of 1941.  (For those of you unfamiliar with Amerrrican history, that was when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor…try to keep up) She lived in view of the harbor and recalled how beautiful she thought the Japanese planes looked at they were flying into the harbor.  The following is a recent conversation I had with her. (A quick side note, this lady, who I will refer to as Miss Cleo, LOVES talking about astrology.)

Miss Cleo talking to me (ES) and my CI (also ES): When is your birthday?

ES: December 29th.

Miss Cleo: Oh!  You’re a Capricorn!  You love to eat and are going to gain a lot of weight. (Side note: I gained 20 pounds in the past year and even after training and completing a sprint triathlon didn’t even lose a pound…too soon Miss Cleo)  When is your fiancés birthday?

ES: April 17th.

Miss Cleo: Oh! She’s an Aries!  She is going to be much smarter than you.  (Side note: Odds are Miss Cleo is 2 for 2)  CI, when is your birthday and are you married?

CI: August 10th, and yes I am.

Miss Cleo: Oh! You’re a Leo!  Did you know your firstborn child is going to be a girl?

CI: Well actually I already have two kids, and the firstborn was a boy.  I’ll be right back, I need to go check on something. (CI walks to a different room)

Miss Cleo summons me to come closer and in a whisper: Can you keep a secret?

ES: Um…I’ll try my best.

Miss Cleo still whispering and in a dead serious tone: CI doesn’t know it, but he did have a baby girl before his other two children, he just doesn’t want anyone to know, especially his wife. (CI walks back into room and Miss Cleo changes her tone and the conversation to totally new subject as if nothing happened)

There’s a lesson in all of this, and that lesson is this: Miss Cleo knows more about your life than anyone...even you!

No comments:

Post a Comment