Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

SCT-IV

This week's SCT comes from MG in Omaha! Enjoy:

So it was my first weekend in Springfield, MO for my clinical and all options of hanging out with a friend of a friend and such wasn’t going to work out.  I decided that I would head to B-dubs (buffalo wild wings for those who do not know) to watch some sports and have some wings since the place I was staying at did not get ESPN (which for me is a travesty).

Upon arriving at B-dubs I walk to the bar and ask this “couple” if anyone was sitting next to them.  They said no and I promptly sat down and ordered a beer.  A few moments later, the guy asked the bartender if they were showing the UFC fights since they had the preview show on.  The bartender said they weren’t due to a fight happening there last time they showed a UFC Event (I guess I never really knew people were that serious about UFC).  This reminded me of a couple of local B-dub establishments back home that did the same thing so I chimed in with my 2 cents and started up a conversation with this “couple.”

At some point this guy walked away and I asked the girl (AS) how long she and said dude have been together.  She replied that they were definitely NOT together and that he was actually driving her crazy even though they had only been talking for like a week.  She then informed me that he had to work that night and she had nothing else to do.  This is when I casually asked her if she would like to have a couple drinks after we all left B-dubs.  She said yes but neglected to tell her male companion.  She informed me that she forgot her cell phone at her house but I could follow them her back there once we left the bar (once again, she failed to mention this to her male friend).

So I follow them back to her house and the guy gets out of the car looking like he’s ready to kill me.  I let him know that it was me from B-dubs and he subdued slightly.  Upon entering the house, I hear AS and this dude arguing loudly in the garage.  She comes in and tells me she has to take this guy back to his house so he can go to work and that I am more than welcome to stay at her house and wait BY MYSELF, which I did (and yes I waited because what else was I going to do in Springfield, MO on a Saturday night).

So we end up going to this bar in d-town Springfield where there were not enough bartenders for the amount of people that were there.  Nonetheless we finally get our drinks, courtesy of some random girl.  She invites us to go hang out with her friends who had bottle service at the other end of the bar (yeah I have no idea why she was at the bar to get drinks but who cares, we got free drinks for the rest of the night).  She then informs me and AS that she is a lesbian and that AS needs to pretend to flirt with her and I have to act like I’m not interested in AS (once again done deal since free drinks are involved).  After a few drinks they state that they are going to the gay club in d-town Springfield and ask me if I’m okay with this.  I briefly tell them about The Maxx in Omaha and that I’m sure this place has nothing on The Maxx and that I’ll be fine. 

The night ends up with me driving back to AS’s house after she had previously extended the offer for me to sleep in her guest bedroom.  Sometime in the morning the doorbell rings and I’m thinking to myself, who is coming over to this house at 8am?!?!?!  It turns out it was her “ex-husband” (the “ “ because I didn’t believe her) dropping off her 3 or 4 year old daughter.  At this point I was in complete shock and told her I had to leave to get stuff done for work the next day. 

And with that, we've commenced our 5th week on the blog!  Thanks everyone for reading and contributing!  Until Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment